[ESS] Full ESS Indentation Reference?

Vitalie Spinu @p|nuv|t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon May 11 13:15:29 CEST 2015

 >>> Rainer M Krug on Mon, 11 May 2015 10:20:58 +0200 wrote:

 > Vitalie Spinu <spinuvit using gmail.com> writes:
 >> AFAIK there is no such reference, but might be available soon. Lionel
 >> Henry just proposed a patch that contains a systematic indentation
 >> file. We might build a reference out of that file.
 >>
 >> https://github.com/emacs-ess/ESS/pull/175

 > That would be really great.

 > Am I correct in saying that all the variable in ess-test-style-alist in
 > the file ess-tests.el are defining the indentation rules, and that there
 > are no other variables:

Yes. Also RRR style in `ess-style-alist` uses all of them:

(RRR (ess-indent-level . 4)
     (ess-first-continued-statement-offset . 0)
     (ess-continued-statement-offset . 4)
     (ess-brace-offset . 0)
     (ess-arg-function-offset . 4)
     (ess-arg-function-offset-new-line . '(4))
     (ess-expression-offset . 4)
     (ess-else-offset . 0)
     (ess-close-brace-offset . 0)
     (ess-brace-imaginary-offset . 0)
     (ess-continued-brace-offset . 0)
     (ess-close-paren-offset . 0)
     (ess-fancy-comments . t))

There will be one new offset as of https://github.com/emacs-ess/ESS/pull/169 .

Also `ess-arg-function-offset-new-line` is likely to be generalized and
renamed.

  Vitalie