[ESS] R + ESS + org - do I gain anything when adding CEDET?

Rainer M Krug r@m@krug @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Mar 24 17:23:18 CET 2015

Envoyé de mon iPhone

> Le 24 mars 2015 à 17:06, Sparapani, Rodney <rsparapa using mcw.edu> a écrit :
>
> Hi Rainer:
>
> > Does the semantic parser work for R (it is not listed on their page [1])?
>
> No, I don’t think so.  Tony was working on that, but I don’t think he
> ever finished it.  But, beyond that, I have used CEDET for C++.  I hope
> this does not offend anyone, but it is totally satanic to set up.

That was my impression as will,  After googling around.

> And,
> maybe I don’t know how to set it up right, but it wasn’t all that helpful.

Thanks - if it was not that helpful for C, than I don't expect it to be more useful for R.

Thanks,

Rainer

> I just use whatever is the default C/C++ mode and that does most of
> what I want.  My $0.02
>
> Rodney

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]