[ESS] ESS[SAS]: Submit region starting new SAS session?

Sparapani, Rodney r@p@r@p@ @end|ng |rom mcw@edu
Thu Feb 12 18:58:29 CET 2015

> Hello!
>
> I'm a fairly new emacs user, a very new user of ESS[SAS], and an extremely new subscriber to this list (so
> apologies if I violate list etiquette). I'm using GNU emacs 23.4.1 (2012-06-05) and SAS 9.3 on Unix (SunOS 5.10).
>
> I have noticed that code which works when submitted as an entire file will not work when I submit it region by
> region. Here is an example:
>
> libname mylib "/.";
>
> data temp; set mylib.temp; run;

Hi Erin:

When you submit a region, then you are submitting it in batch.  If
you want line-by-line interactive SAS (and who does really ;o)
then you have to start SAS interactively, i.e. M-x SAS
and then you step through your code line-by-line with C-Enter.

Rodney