[ESS] help: how to set up R mode in emacs via ESS

Eric Brown brown at fastmail.com
Mon Aug 3 03:51:37 CEST 2015

For what it is worth, it is fairly easy to install your own
version of Emacs.

Unpack the recent tar.gz of Emacs source into your home directory,
and in there:

./configure --prefix=/home/rliu/emacs-24.5 && make && make install

Then, execute

~/emacs-24.5/bin/emacs

With a nice new version of Emacs, you can keep up with the latest
and
greatest of ESS.