[ESS] Go to function definition

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 15:52:33 CEST 2014

Dear Seb,

I use the function ido-goto-symbol as shown here:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ImenuMode#toc13

There is also a similar one in prelude:
https://github.com/bbatsov/prelude/blob/master/core/prelude-core.el

However, the ido-goto-symbol-at-point, as referred to here
https://gist.github.com/magnars/2360578

and that relates to one of the Emacs rocks episodes, does not work for me
(and my elisp-ignorant attempts to make it work have failed).

Tags, etc, do work (ess-build-tags-for-directory) but ido-goto-symbol (that
I bind to C-c i) is good enough for most of my use cases (if the definition
is on the buffer you are working on).

R.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte