[ESS] [OT] emacs on OS X (was Re: ESS 14.09 released)

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Tue Sep 16 15:34:07 CEST 2014

The distnoted problem made emacs almost unusable when I "upgraded" to
mavericks a few months ago.  The distnoted process took 120% of the
machine
capacity according to the Activity Monitor (yes, over 100%).  Killing
the distnoted
process sometimes helped.
A preliminary version of the distnoted repair that Vincent was kind enough
to send me brought emacs back to normal.