[ESS] FYI: ESS SVN retired: all development now on GitHub

Sparapani, Rodney rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri Oct 31 20:20:36 CET 2014

The ESS developers have decided to move from SVN to Git and GitHub.
This was not an easy decision, but we hope this provides a more
collaborative environment which encourages development and bug-fixes
from the masses.  SVN has served us well over the years, but as the
number of Git push requests has recently increased we hope to
encourage this trend.  We want to take this opportunity to thank the
R Foundation for hosting our SVN repo over these many years.

The current, as well as previous versions, of ESS are available
for download on GitHub https://github.com/emacs-ess/ESS

On GitHub, you can download every released version of ESS which have
been tagged.  Click on a dropdown that shows "master" and select tags.
Select one and then "Download Zip".

More detailed instructions on how to retrieve ESS in particular, or
how to work with Git in general, can be found in the following
documents:

ESS - Emacs Speaks Statistics - Manual, Section 1.4
http://ess.r-project.org/Manual/ess.html#Latest-version

Git Docs
http://git-scm.com/documentation

GitHub Help