[ESS] ESS, devtools, and documentation

Timothy W. Hilton thilton at ucmerced.edu
Thu Oct 16 18:50:44 CEST 2014

Hi Vitalie,

Thanks for your quick response!  I meant that it works when I start R
within my terminal (iTerm2 on my mac), but I just checked and it also
does work when I start R within emacs shell prompt (aka M-x shell)
(transcript below).

Thanks,
Tim

tim at ucmerced007-206 ~/work/Code/VPRM
  % R
]2;R]1;R
R version 3.1.1 (2014-07-10) -- "Sock it to Me"
Copyright (C) 2014 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin13.1.0 (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> library(devtools)
library(devtools)
> load_all('VPRM_Rpkg')
load_all('VPRM_Rpkg')
> ?Park_Falls
?Park_Falls
WARNING: terminal is not fully functional
-  (press RETURN)
Park_Falls              package:VPRM_Rpkg              R Documentation

Park Falls, Wisconsin, USA eddy covariance data and MODIS data

     The dataset Park_Falls contains MODIS observations as well as
     ground-based eddy covariance flux tower data for the Ameriflux
     tall tower located in Park Falls, Wisconsin, USA.  The data span
     the period 1 May 2005 through 31 July 2005.

etc., etc.