[ESS] ESS, knitr, Rmarkdown

Kevin Wright kw.stat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 17:10:32 CET 2014

Makefiles are cool, but only if you are a guru.  Most people probably
want an easier solution.  I've tried to create a one-click method of
processing Rnw to pdf, by stringing together a couple of the ess
functions into a "compile Rnw to PDF" function, but I ran into
problems.  If I recall, it seems like ess launched Mixtex before R
finished generation the tex file.

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 4:32 AM, Stephen Eglen <S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>> not, any workarounds? I considered a makefile using R as the compiler and
>> the knit2html function on the file, but that just doesn¹t seem right (though
>> it would probably work)
>
> I tend to prefer using Makefiles.  I'm always forgetting how to compile
> documents, so having it written down for myself and others in a Makefile
> helps me.  (Just last night I forgot how to compile an .org document
> into a pdf - thanks for helping Laurent!)

Kevin Wright