[ESS] Emacs, ESS & R: How avoid locking of Emacs while evaluating

will.eagle at gmx.net will.eagle at gmx.net
Wed May 21 10:18:11 CEST 2014

   Dear all,

   I am running R code interactively within Emacs & ESS. When I sumit a larger
   chunk of R code from the R script buffer to the R process, Emacs locks until
   the R code is completely executed. I can get back to the R script buffer
   with CTRL+g but this also stops R from evaluating the rest of the R code.

   How can I submit R code from the R script buffer to the R process and return
   immediately to the R script buffer without skipping the rest of the code?

   I solution to this problem would really improve my workflow.

   Thanks in advance,

   Will