[ESS] indentation of ggplot code and ess from MELPA

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Tue May 20 02:18:13 CEST 2014

 >>> Ramon Diaz-Uriarte on Tue, 20 May 2014 01:30:58 +0200 wrote:

[...]

 MM>> This is using the latest ESS from ELPA; ess-version: 13.09-2 [elpa:
 MM>> 20140507.2352]
 MM>
 MM> Well, this is outrageous:
 MM> The ELPA/MELPA version is *NOT AT ALL* ess-version 13.09-2 from
 MM> all I know.
 MM> Rather it uses a version of the *development* version of ESS,
 MM> see below.

 > I understood it was the development version (as the ESS page lists
 > 13.09-1 as the current stable version). As for the 13.09-2, it is not
 > my fault :-): I just copied what gets left in *Messages* when I type

 > M-x ess-version

I cannot comment on what Martin meant by "outrageous", but this is
indeed the right way to report the version. With MELPA you should mostly

 > ess-version: 13.09-2 [elpa: 20140507.2352]

That because the actual SVN version might not be merged into github yet,
nor SVN or GIT meta information is available with MELPA, so we cannot do
better than this.

None of the above is your fault.

  Vitalie