[ESS] setting environment variables before starting R

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Thu Mar 27 19:49:23 CET 2014

I need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH before invoking R.  How can I do
that?

Reading the source it looks as if process-environment might be relevant
(ess-inf.el), but I'm not sure if it's just a local variable.  Also,
that sounds as if it affects everything, and I really want it only for R
(though since that's usually all I use it doesn't matter much).

The customization variables mentioned in the documentation seem to apply
to command line arguments only.

I guess for now I'll just use a shell and ess-remote.

Thanks.
Ross Boylan