[ESS] Weaving: "ess-get-process: No ESS process is associated with this buffer now"

Mathieu Basille basille.web at ase-research.org
Tue Mar 11 16:21:09 CET 2014

Dear list,

Here is a simple 'evaluate' problem, when I want to 'weave' a document (in
my case  using knitr, but I think it is irrelevant).

* ess-eval-region-or-line-and-step (C-return)

Right after opening a Rmd document (i.e. R not yet launched), if I use the
general evaluation function, this works as expected: A new R is started,
and the region or line is evaluated.

* ess-swv-weave (M-n s)

However, right after opening a Rmd document (i.e. R not yet launched), if I
use ess-swv-weave instead, Emacs throws an error:

	ess-get-process: No ESS process is associated with this buffer now

A new R is started, but nothing happens: the document is not weaved. I have
to do it again now that R si started to make it work. Note that if I first
evaluate a region/line, then weaving works as expected.

Emacs: GNU Emacs 24.3.1 from Debian
ESS: 13.09-2 from ELPA

Is there a workaround for this?
Mathieu.

--

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, PhD

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard