[ESS] Julia indentation failing

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 11 10:34:35 CET 2014

> M-x C-h f gets me: "You have typed C-h, the help character.  Type a help
> option:"
> Then I choose 'f', and get a prompt: "describe function".
> Then I enter "ignore-errors", but Emacs says [no match]

Apologies, I meant to write "C-h f RET ignore-errors RET"  w/o leading
M-x.

But its odd that it is not there.  As a workaround, you can add this
into your .emacs before ESS is loaded

(defmacro ignore-errors (&rest body)
  "Execute BODY; if an error occurs, return nil.
Otherwise, return result of last form in BODY.
See also `with-demoted-errors' that does something similar
without silencing all errors."
  (declare (debug t) (indent 0))
  `(condition-case nil (progn , at body) (error nil)))

This comes from subr.el; try and find that file.  For me it is:
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/subr.el.gz

and then ignore-errors is line 286.

Stephen