[ESS] GNU Emacs, ESS and point

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 20:08:50 CET 2014

 >>> "Richard M. Heiberger" on Wed, 5 Mar 2014 13:27:07 -0500 wrote:

 > Interesting.  I think you are asking for a behavior that I have and don't want.
 > I will often have two copies of *R* open.  When they are in the same frame,
 > entering a command jumps both to the end of the buffer.  In a
 > different frame, the *R* buffer does stay where I put it.

Have a look at comint-move-point-for-output. I have it nil and I am
pretty happy with that.

I can relate to Rodney's request but I am afraid indirect-buffers looks
like a the only solution that would keep the pointer
separate. Alternatively C-u C-SPC is the way to retrieve the previous
mark, not ideal but approximately works.

  Vitalie