[ESS] install.packages Does not Show Package List

Bill Denney bill at denney.ws
Sun Jul 13 22:26:42 CEST 2014

Hi,

When using install.packages in Windows (XP or Vista), I will often get
no response when using install.packages.  The issue appears to be the
repository selection that in the R GUI will pop up in a window and in
the command line will present a text list for selection.  In ESS, it hangs.

A work-around is to specify the repository, but as I don't always
remember to do this, I was wondering if there is another fix?

Thank you,

Bill