[ESS] Problem with Rd-preview-help

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jan 7 11:46:28 CET 2014

Hi Martin,

I have updated to Vincent's latest distribution and the problem remains
as described already.

I did manage to get the debugger to work after updating although sort of
accidentally because it was with the latest Emacs but still ESS13.05. I
still couldn't debug when using ESS 13.09-1. The error came right at the
end of the function when I stepped to

(display-buffer pbuf t)

At that point I had
shcmd's value is
"R CMD Rd2txt
'c:/Users/dsco036/Documents/Research/Packages/xtableDevel/xtable/pkg/man/string.Rd'"
and
pbuf's value is #<buffer R Help Preview>

Hope that helps somewhat.

Best wishes for the New Year.

David