[ESS] ESS Hangs: Text is read-only

Sparapani, Rodney rsparapa at mcw.edu
Wed Apr 2 00:55:46 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-01 at 18:25 -0400, Mathieu Basille wrote:
> Not sure how much it helps, but I can confirm Paul's problem. I have
> the
> same behavior using Emacs 24.3.1 from Debian Jessie + ESS 13.09-2: C-c
> C-d
> C-v does open a buffer with the list of vignettes and the links for
> Pdf/Rnw/R. If I (left-)click on Pdf, nothing happens, while if I click
> on
> Rnw/R, I get the same message as Paul: "Use M-x make-directory RET RET
> create the directory and its parents". I did not try this though.
>
> Note that I have this behavior on a perfectly clean Emacs, with no
> init
> file (I had the same with my regular init file...).
> Mathieu.

But, what is left click for you?  Do F1 k <left click>?
With Emacs 24.3 from the Fedora repo, I see (and this is
what I see for Emacs compiled from source as well)...
<down-mouse-1> at that spot runs the command mouse-drag-region, which
is an interactive compiled Lisp function.

It is bound to <down-mouse-1>.

(mouse-drag-region START-EVENT)