[ESS] org mode and python talk

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 16 17:23:14 CEST 2013

> Actually, org-mode works very well with ESS.  When you are editing the R
> code, all the syntax highlighting and everything else is available.  See:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-R.html

thanks Matt, Phil.

Yes, org-babel does work with R, but what I meant to ask was whether
anyone had put together such a large org+R document together.

To get syntax highlighting in code blocks, don't you first have to hit
C-c ' (org-edit-special) to open a temp buffer.  I don't think they've
yet solved the multi-mode problem in org mode.

Vitalie, on the other hand, has done a great job with polymode.el for
.Rnw files (and others).

Stephen