[ESS] Emacs taking over CPU

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Mon Sep 9 18:50:06 CEST 2013

On 09/09/2013 11:05 AM, Frank Harrell wrote:
> Will try that.  That's not in standard Ubuntu repository so I'll either
> wait until it is or find the more up-to-date repos.
>
> Frank

Hi Frank:

Yes, the repos are frequently behind with respect to GNU Emacs which
can make a bug-fix release like 24.3 difficult to come by.  You can also
downgrade to 23.3 which ESS supports as well, but you might not get
some of the latest and greatest ESS features to work.

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD
Manager of Statistical & Computational Operations