[ESS] Emacs taking over CPU

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Mon Sep 9 16:28:12 CEST 2013

On 09/07/2013 07:37 AM, Frank Harrell wrote:
> After a long interactive R session using the latest ESS on Ubuntu, Emacs
> gets extremely sluggish and starts to take more of 98% of the CPU. Below
> is my .emacs file if relevant.  Thanks for any pointers - Frank

Dear Frank:

Which version of ESS and emacs is this?  And, which OS?  I don't know
if this is an ESS or emacs issue.  There is a bug in GNU Emacs 24.1
and 24.2 which behaves exactly as you describe on non-Windows builds:
Bug #12463 http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12463

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD
Manager of Statistical & Computational Operations