[ESS] feature request: shell support

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 23:25:11 CEST 2013

More I think about it more I am inclined towards adding it. The reason
is data pre-processing which is often done with one-line tools like sed
and awk. New pyed piper is coming in force http://code.google.com/p/pyp/.

I am still not sure I want to see it as part of ESS. In a long run
isolating our ess-inf into a separate package is a very good idea. Such
a package should come with a lot of load like support for eldoc,
documentation and auto-completion. So it's quite a lot of ESS to be
factored out and it is not easy without rewriting a lot of it.

   Vitalie