[ESS] feature request: shell support

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 22:13:06 CEST 2013

I have the same pain as your, but shell scripting has nothing to do with
statistics. So adding shell will most definitely break the "speaks
statistics" concept. Otherwise, it wouldn't be difficult to add.

Some time ago we discussed about rewriting ESS from scratch. If such a
thing ever happens, the sub-process handling will be an independent
module that any scripting language can easily customize for it's own
needs.

   Vitalie