[ESS] Getting eldoc to offer argument suggestions quicker

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Tue Oct 1 20:46:32 CEST 2013

Howdy,

Just updated to latest ess, so took a few mins to debug my emacs
config again and got back to the issue of eldoc not being triggered
until I hit a space w/in parens (partially quoted below from the
following thread):

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-help/2013-May/009000.html

It turns out that the delay-in-arg-popup was due to using autopair:
https://github.com/capitaomorte/autopair

I've turned autopair off and quickly setup smartparens instead, which
seems to be doing the trick just fine:
https://github.com/Fuco1/smartparens

Just thought I'd update this post for posterity.

Thanks!
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou