[ESS] Aquamacs ESS slow scroll (buffering?)

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Nov 25 09:13:21 CET 2013

I've seen similar "slowdown on humongous output" behavior in ESS on Linux.
(and it may have worsened recently)... but then I've always had the feeling that
this should teach users to prefer str(.) for potentially large objects.. :-)

I agree it woul be nice if we (ESS) could do much better than now.
Vitalie, do I understand correctly that your optimization only applies
when font locking has been turned off ?

Martin