[ESS] Configuring Emacs "à la RStudio"

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Wed Nov 20 15:33:47 CET 2013

On 11/19/2013 05:07 PM, Matthew Fidler wrote:
> You could try ecb. That is emacs code browser.

Yes, you could.  But, beware.  ecb is the most complicated
Emacs "package" that you will ever find.  I put "package"
in quotes because it depends on semantic/EIEIO/yada/
yada/yada.  I spent several days setting up ecb at work.
It takes a lot of time, trial and error to do it right.
After using ecb for 6 months, I gave up because I was loathe
to put that much effort into it.  ecb needs some sort of
smart default handling like a wizard.  If that exists
somewhere, then it could be worth it; otherwise
I wouldn't bother.

Rodney