[ESS] Graphics in emacs window: how to copy R screen devices in non-interactive sessions (remotes)

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Tue Nov 19 04:05:13 CET 2013

Yes. That seems to be very inefficient at the first sight, but at the
moment there is no way of knowing whether the current device has been
updated. In evaluate, we recordPlot() after each expression, and
compare it with the last recorded plot; if they are identical, we
discard the current one.

Regards,
Yihui
--