[ESS] fighting indentation in SAS mode

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Nov 5 23:00:21 CET 2013

On Tue, 2013-11-05 at 14:16 -0600, Rodney Sparapani wrote:
> On 11/05/2013 01:48 PM, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > Generally, anything left of "/* this is what happens if I hit return" is
> > only there because I hit backspace repeatedly.
> >
> > Is this the intended behavior?  What can I do about it?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Ross Boylan
>
> Hi Ross:
>
> Intended?  No, I don't think so, but sadly de facto.  I
> spent some time trying to debug it years ago, but it's not much fun.
> In 13.05, we shut it off by default:
> <http://ess.r-project.org/Manual/news.html>
> ESS[SAS]: ess-sas-edit-keys-toggle now defaults to t since
> sas-indent-line is still broken, i.e. TAB is now bound to
> ess-sas-tab-to-tab-stop by default

I'm confused.  It seems you are saying the behavior I am getting is off
by default, but I haven't done anything to turn it on yet I see the
behavior.

Also, I'm having  problems without hitting the tab key.  Is the behavior
from the enter key somehow bound to tab settings?

I've been editing SAS files in  plain text mode, which isn't great but
is less annoying than ESS SAS mode.

Ross