[ESS] ess-describe-object-at-point: how to cycle?

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Sat May 18 15:50:13 CEST 2013

 >> Michael Lawrence <lawrence.michael at gene.com>
 >> on Sat, 18 May 2013 06:38:48 -0700 wrote:

[...]

 > Thanks, I will use C-e. Strangely, when I use your method above, it says
 > press 'e' to cycle, but when I M-x ess-describe-object-at-point, it says
 > press 'm'.

The command is dynamic in a sense that it assumes that
ess-describe-object-at-point is bound to a key and you will use the last
part of that binding to cycle. For example if you bind it to C-c g the
cycling is done with g.

"m" comes from C-m (aka RET). A small glitch in the message; it doesn't
show the prefix.

    Vitalie