[ESS] problem with developer-mode

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Thu May 9 09:38:51 CEST 2013

 >> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha at med.uni-goettingen.de>
 >> on Thu, 9 May 2013 00:40:38 +0200 wrote:

 > Hi,
 > since an update to recent git version (ess-version : 13.03 [<unknown>],
 > commit 003d9784446ca5916f2c78c90c4b47d461a8119) I get problems with
 > developer-mode:

 > When I run ess-eval-function in a developed package, I get
 > ,----
 > | Fehler in eval({ (from #2) : konnte Funktion ".essDev_source" nicht finden
 > `----
 > (Sorry for the German:  Can't find function ".essDev_source")

I don't see that.

First time you turn the developer on all R support functions should be
sourced into ESSR environment. You should notice a small delay.  May be
your files got dissynchronized somehow and you are using an old version
of ess-developer.el

To check out if any error occurs during the source injection, first time
you toggle it on C-c C-t C-t, open *ess-command-output* buffer and see
if there are any errors. This is pretty unlikely because only function
declarations are injected.

Do you see ESSR in your search path?

    Vitalie