[ESS] Random ESS Freezes

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed May 1 15:44:17 CEST 2013

 >> Bill Denney <bill at denney.ws>
 >> on Wed, 1 May 2013 08:59:17 -0400 wrote:

 > Hi Martin and Vitalie,

 > When testing, should I use git master (as downloadable from the ess
 > website) or svn trunk?

For testing SVN is better, git is supposed to be more stable because it
is also used by MELPA. So git is usually lagging a couple of days
sometimes by more, depending on the amount of changes.

For radically new features and contributions git branches are better,
but directly from github so that you can request a pull if you
contribute.

I have just synchronized our github branch.

    Vitalie