[ESS] Introducing Polymode

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Fri Mar 29 17:09:51 CET 2013

Well, this one was difficult to isolate... From what I understand, this is
the use of double brackets, such as [[i]] in a R code chunk that is the
origin of the error messages. Then, the error messages arise every time a R
code chunk is 'parsed' by Emacs (sorry if this is not the correct
terminology: at startup, only the chunks on screen are affected, but moving
the cursor to another code chunk makes a new message).

And the number in the jit-lock-function seems to be related to some sort of
character counter (from the beginning of the file).

I attach a simple, although quite wordy, example. I just added enough Lorem
ipsum to make sure that one R code chunk was not on screen after we open
the file. See the first chunk with [[i]].

Mathieu.

--

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, PhD

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard