[ESS] Another indentation error

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Thu Mar 28 21:39:58 CET 2013

On 03/26/2013 01:45 PM, Rodney Sparapani wrote:
> That's not surprising.  The indention style of SAS has been broken
> for a while.  If I get a chance, I'll take a look at it before the
> next release in April.  Thanks

I see the problem, but the code is very complicated; e.g. see
sas-indent-line in ess-sas-l.el  Did this
ever work?  I vaguely remember wanting to switch the default of
ess-sas-edit-keys-toggle to t for that very reason (and that is
what I have been using for the last 15 years ;o)  So, that is
my suggestion...

(setq ess-sas-edit-keys-toggle t)
(require 'ess-site)

Then TAB takes you to the next TAB stop and C-TAB takes you back, i.e.
manual indenting rather than automated indenting.

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor