[ESS] M-x R-version

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 05:16:14 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Richard M. Heiberger <rmh at temple.edu> wrote:
> I see two possibilities, and I haven't checked either.
>
> 1.  Did you restart emacs after installing R-3.0?  The aliases are defined
> at start time.
>
> 2. R-3.0 is not a valid R-core name.  I have R-3.0.0alpha on my machine.  At
> release, I will have R-3.0.0

Thanks.

It is not 1) (and I have of course also checked that the symlink works
etc.)  I think it is something like 2) and I guess I am wondering how
ESS knows what R-core considers valid names.  It would be very weird
(I think) if I had to name something 3.0-alpha.  And how would ESS
keep current with R, unless one updates ESS regularly (ok, I do, but
still)

Kasper