[ESS] completion in R files

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 12:15:17 CET 2013

On 22/03/13 12:09, Vitalie Spinu wrote:
>>> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug at gmail.com> on Fri, 22 Mar 2013 12:00:26 +0100 wrote:
>
>> and I have the auto-complete as I expect on TAB - but still M-TAB is not working - and I
>> found out why: My window manager (awesome) was catching Alt-TAB. I changed it and now it is
>> working M-TAB is working again!
>
> Indeed, pretty much every OS/window-manager out there binds M-TAB.

That is the reason why I try to use the Windows key in awesome exclusively - unlikely to get
conflicts. But somehow this one must have slipped through (and I did not realize it , as I did not
use it anyway...).

>> Actually, if users are used to use TAB for autocomplete (as it is thae case in most other
>> editors) instead of M-TAB, this mioght explain why this question comes up again and again?
>
> Yep, that was precisely the reason why we tried to activate TAB completion - it is common in
> other editors. I thought I had added this configuration information into docs; will check again
> and may be put in a more prominent place.

Or put it into the FAQ.

Cheers,

Rainer

> Vitalie

- --
Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys.
(Germany)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44