[ESS] Debug mode puts point in the wrong buffer

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 00:20:34 CEST 2013

 >> Marius Hofert <marius.hofert at math.ethz.ch>
 >> on Thu, 20 Jun 2013 23:50:03 +0200 wrote:

[...]

 > When entering debug mode, I see *R* and 'grid-stuff.R' (which is the
 > source file in 'simsalapar' containing the function definition for
 > 'varlist'). The point is at the beginning of the highlighted line (see
 > the attached screenshot), so in 'grid-stuff.R'. But from there, M-N
 > etc. does not work, so I have to put the point in *R*...

This is a bug. Thanks for the screenshot. It made things very
clear. Believe it or not, but in 3 months that this minor-map mechanism
is in place in tracebug, your situation never happened to me.

The problem is that your grid-stuff.R is not associated with the process
(and you don't have red DB in that buffer). Associate with the process
(C-c C-s) and it should be fine.

I have just committed a fix to SVN.

Thanks for reporting this,

    Vitalie