[ESS] ess-eval-buffer fails to produce a plot

Andreas Leha andreas.leha at med.uni-goettingen.de
Thu Jun 13 23:08:39 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have a strange issue with ess-eval-buffer and directlabels.  The
example below works as expected (i.e. produces a plot) when I send the
code line-by-line or region-by-region, but it does fail when I send the
whole buffer via C-c C-b (ess-eval-buffer).

This is really bad, as that also means that my orgmode src block fails
to produce a result.

library("ggplot2")
library("directlabels")

haha <- data.frame(x=1:10, y=1:10, c=rep(c("a", "b"),each=5))
myplot <- ggplot(haha, aes(x=x, y=y, colour=c)) + geom_line()
direct.label(myplot)

Regards,
Andreas

PS: ess-version : 13.05-1 [<unknown>]