[ESS] Fwd: ess sas interactive (remote)

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Thu Jun 13 16:53:34 CEST 2013

On 06/13/2013 09:42 AM, Vinh Nguyen wrote:
> Rodney,
>
> I tried this before. When I send code via c-c c-r, it starts up an
> interactive session on my local machine. The inferior SAS buffer from
> the remote machine doesn't seem to be recognized as an ESS process (not
> seen in ess-switch-process). Thoughts?

The `ess-sas-interactive' function was more of a proof of concept.
Whatever you type in *shell*/*iESS[SAS]* buffer is executed by
SAS.  There are no bells or whistles.  Patches welcome ;o)

But, honestly, I don't use SAS interactively and I really don't
know anybody who does with ESS; usually interactive users just
use Display Manager (but this could be why ;o)  So, we haven't
invested much effort in this beyond just getting it to work.
`ess-sas-interactive' depends on fairly low-level ESS/emacs
functionality so, in theory, it will always work.  But, it might
not be much fun to use.

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor