[ESS] Open .R files from backtrace as read-only?

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Wed Jun 5 12:53:42 CEST 2013

Vitalie Spinu <spinuvit at gmail.com> writes:

>  >> Rainer M Krug <Rainer at krugs.de>
>  >> on Wed, 5 Jun 2013 11:52:14 +0200 wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>  > But then it would be executed each time. Would work, but definitely
>  > not elegant.
>
> What do you mean? Don't you always want this behavior when a reference
> points to a tangled file?

Yes - but isn't this hook called each time a file is visited? So even
when I open e.g. an .org file? The function would handle this, but it
would still be called.

Thinking about it - the cursor needs to be at the location of the error
before and then org-babel-tangle-jump-to-org should be called - I assume
(sorry - haven't tried it out yet) that find-file-hook is called when
the file is visited / opened and the positioning of the cursor takes
place afterwards. So this shouldn't work.

Rainer

>     Vitalie

Rainer M. Krug

email: RMKrug<at>gmail<dot>com