[ESS] Sourcing remote buffer to remote R process does not work

Johannes Meisig j.meisig at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Mon Jul 8 11:59:02 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a problem with sourcing buffers I opened with tramp. I open a
remote file and start a remote R process with M-x R. Then I try to
source (C-c C-l) the remote file and get the error:

cannot open file '/scpc:user at host:/home/user/foo.R

I can evaluate commands and functions in this buffer. Everything else
works apart from ess-tracebug visual debugging. There I get no
indication of the currently debugged line.

Thanks for you help with this,
Johannes

tramp version: 2.2.6
ESS version 13.05-1