[ESS] Syntax Highlighting

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Thu Jan 31 14:51:38 CET 2013

On 01/31/2013 07:01 AM, Oliver Jones wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm using ESS version 12.09-2 and emacs 24.2.1 and want to get lines
> starting with an * to be recognized as comments in a Stata do-file.
>
> Best
> Oliver

That would be defined by the variable STA-syntax-table.  You can
see the original definition in ess-sta-l.el  I am guessing that
you want to do something like...
(modify-syntax-entry ?* "<" STA-syntax-table)

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor