[ESS] Telling ess where to look for R

Thompson,Paul Paul.Thompson at SanfordHealth.org
Mon Jan 21 19:10:29 CET 2013

Yeah, I used to override those default locations for things. Generally things work better if the standard location is accepted.

-----Original Message-----
From: ess-help-bounces at r-project.org [mailto:ess-help-bounces at r-project.org] On Behalf Of Richard M. Heiberger
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 12:07 PM
To: Kasper Daniel Hansen
Cc: ess-help at r-project.org
Subject: Re: [ESS] Telling ess where to look for R

ESS is not finding R by default because he did not install R into the default location.
He installed into
C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/username/Eigene Dateien"

The default location is
(in English locales)
c:/Program Files/R/

I think that will be
c:/Programme/R/
in German.  R will put it in the right place as long as you don't overrule the default.

Kasper's advice is based on accepting the default location when R is installed.