[ESS] ess and AUCTeX

Oliver Jones ojones at wiwi.uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jan 17 20:19:38 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

searching the archives for help relating integration of ess and AUCTeX I found this
interesting post:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.ess.general/4960
It's quit old but I have the same problem, i.e.

In ess M-n s works fine but I'm not satisfied with the acrobat reader as the default viewer
after M-n P.

In AUCTeX I got SumatraPDF as my viewer for the usual reasons (inverse and forward search).

After clicking Noweb -> Sweaving, Tangling, ... -> AUCTeX Interface I can use
C-c C-c Sweave RET
but I get the following error message:
Running `Sweave' on `Loesung_07' with ``R CMD Sweave "Loesung_07.Rnw"''
The Command "R" is either misspelled or couldn't be found.

(where I translated the error message into English)

I can't imagine that there is no solution, since Sweave-ing and LaTeX-ing with emacs, AUCTeX
and ess should be standard procedure for a lot of people. Or am I wrong?

Best
Oliver