[ESS] Version currently available in ELPA?

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Feb 5 16:33:07 CET 2013

On 02/04/2013 06:33 PM, Vitalie Spinu wrote:
> Yes, this is a date-time stamp. It is from MELPA, not ELPA, and it is a
> snapshot of the ESS git development repository. So it is pretty much the
> most recent version of ESS that you can have.
>
>    >  According to the website, the official stable version should be 12.09-2
>    >  (2013-01-12). Which version have I installed?
>
> M-x ess-version should tell you the release version.
>
>      Vitalie

Wait, is this OK?  Here's the MELPA "recipe":
(ess :repo "emacs-ess/ESS" :fetcher github :files
      ("*.el" ("lisp" "lisp/*.el") ("etc" "etc/*")))

Does that mean that there is no documentation with a MELPA
install?  (and who comes up with these acronyms ELPA and MELPA
are terrible ;o)

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor