[ESS] ESS 13.09-1 released
maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Sat Dec 7 14:14:38 CET 2013
Dear ESS users,
We have released ESS 13.09-1
a patch release for ESS 13.09 (which was released Sep 27).
You can get it almost directly from
It took longer than anticipated, but then has considerably more
bugs fixed, performance improved than anticipated originally.
The file ANNOUNCE --- part of the tar / zip ball --- contains
the following (among more) :
Changes / Selected Bug Fixes in 13.09-1:
* ess-remote and TRAMP: R support code is now downloaded in binary
form instead of being injected from local machine. The R code is
stored in '~/.config/ESSR/' directory on the remote machine
* TRAMP: PAGER environment variable is now correctly set to
* retrieval of help topics on remote machines is fixed
* org-babel: source references of R code executed from org files
correctly point to source references in original org files (version
8.2.1 or higher of org-mode is required for this feature)
* 'ess-execute' is now bound to 'C-c C-e C-e' in 'ess-extra-map'.
* completion works again in 'ess-execute'
* ESS[R]: 'head' and 'tail' methods were replaced by 'htsummary' in
* ESS[roxygen]: evaluation commands now work in roxygen blocks.
Leading comments are automatically removed before the evaluation
* ESS[transcript]: 'Clean Region' now works with multiline
statements; 'ess-transcript-clean-region' etc. correctly treat
multiline statements, i.e., no longer forgets the lines typically
preceded by '+'
* ESS[SAS]: Three features/fixes with special thanks to Matthew
(https://github.com/emacs-ess/ESS/pulls/mlf176f2). Turn on SAS log
mode when appropriate. Indent comments and CARDS statement more
* ESS[SAS]: 'ess-sas-edit-keys-toggle' default returns to 'nil'
* ESS[R]: support for 'prettify-symbols-mode': contribution from
Rudiger Sonderfeld <https://github.com/emacs-ess/ESS/pull/65>
* ESS[SWV]: knitr now evaluates in the current frame
* ESS[developer]: ess-developer doesn't kill open DESCRIPTION files
* ESS[roxygen]: 'ess-roxy-preview-HTML' is now on 'C-c C-o C-w' and
'ess-roxy-preview-text' is now on 'C-c C-o C-t'
* ESS: installation with 'make install' was simplified and should
work out of the box on most *nix systems
* ESS installation instructions simplified
* fixed font-lock bug introduced in 13.09 that was causing very slow
Enjoy speaking statistics with Emacs!
For the ESS developers:
More information about the ESS-help