[ESS] ess sas interactive (remote)

Vinh Nguyen vinhdizzo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 03:23:11 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Vinh Nguyen <vinhdizzo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can confirm that "C-j", "C-r" and "C-c C-c" now sends code from a
> sas file buffer to the interactive sas session after launching a shell
> and running "ess-sas-interactive" (executes "sas -rsasuser -altlog
> .log -altprint .lst -stdio < /dev/tty").
>
> Thanks so much Vitalie!  Consider this solved!

Is the "< /dev/tty" absolutely critical in the command that
ess-sas-interactive issues to the shell?  I tested on an old solaris
server that has SAS, but it does not have "/dev/tty".  After running
ess-sas-interactive, I get a shell error because of it.  I then
manually issue the sas terminal command without "< /dev/tty", and
things works.  Just thought it'd be more universal to remove that
piece if it isn't too critical.  Thanks.