[ESS] startup options lime --no-save etc

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 14 20:22:05 CEST 2013

Yes, indeed.

Note that --vanilla  is really not something I'd recommend,  however

I use (and recommend)  [.. well not really, see further ..]

     (setq inferior-R-args "--no-restore-history --no-save ")

or actually, I have the following line among the many  in the
(custom-set-variables ......)
clause that customizations create and modify:

   '(inferior-R-args "--no-restore-history --no-save ")

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich