[ESS] ess-developer can't find just loaded library

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Wed Apr 10 17:35:49 CEST 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-10 at 08:25 -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-04-10 at 10:08 +0200, Vitalie Spinu wrote:
> >
> >   >> "Ross Boylan" <ross at biostat.ucsf.edu>
> >   >> on Tue, 9 Apr 2013 23:45:44 -0700 (PDT) wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >

> >  > In neither case did C-c C-t C-a recognize that silly was an available
> >  > name.  Nonethless, search() showed it on the path, and I was able to
> >  > execute functions from the package in the workspace after loading the
> >  > library.
> >
> > Developer is using .packages(T). Your report probably means that it does
> > not list the attached packages. And from what I see in the docs it is
> > sort of an intended behavior.
> >
> > Try C-u C-c C-t C-a for completion of only attached packages (aka
> > .packages(F)). The universal argument was introduced as a workaround for
> > speed issues, but looks like it will also be useful in your case.
> >
> > Please see if the above works for you. If so then I will add an
> > additional request to fetch the attached packages.
> >
> >     Vitalie
> Prefixing C-u does work.  Yay!
>
> Why is this case any different from all the other ones in which C-c C-t
> C-a does list libraries that were just attached?
>
> Thanks for the work-around.
> Ross

FWIW, after doing that I can not replicate the problem I was having,
namely that after putting a breakpoint in the outer function (foo) and
flagging the inner function (bar) for debugging I get neither a
breakpoint on the outer function nor debugging on the inner one.

I also tried with foo and bar in the global namespace, and that also
worked fine.

So still no toy examples of the problem.

Ross