[ESS] Specifying locations of Rterm on Windows OS.

Josh O'Brien joshmobrien at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 06:08:55 CEST 2012

Hello again,

I just downloaded the newly released ESS 12.09, and tried out feature
referenced by Richard Heiberger, but can't seem to make it work for
me. (I have successfully set the variable using the customize
interface and directly using (setq ess-directory-containing-R "c:") on
the line preceding my (require 'ess-site). For some reason, though,
M-x R <tab> <tab> finds none of the versions of R stored in "C:/R/".

What's odd is that I had been able to make this work with the ESS
12.09 beta that I downloaded a day ago. In that case, I edited line
540 of ess-site.el to read:

      (defcustom ess-user-specified-directory-containing-R "c:" ;; rmh

and got just the behavior I was after.

Anybody have an idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Josh