[ESS] Delay on left-parenthesis

Ken Williams Ken.Williams at windlogics.com
Wed Sep 19 17:17:29 CEST 2012

Nope, it seems pretty much instant.  That's if I fire up a Windows command shell (or whatever it's called) and do as you suggest.

One thing to note is that in the *R* session that has delays, there are some very large R objects in memory.  Not big enough to make the whole machine sluggish, but if something is walking those objects, that's bound to be very slow.

 -K

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is for the s...{{dropped:7}}